Surebet247 provides a self-exclusion facility to help you, if you feel that you have developed a gambling problem. At your request, we will as soon as is reasonably practicable apply best practices to prevent you from using your Account indefinitely. To this end, we may retain such personal data as is necessary (and for as long as is necessary which may be indefinitely) to implement the facility as effectively as possible, including for example your name, address and credit/debit card details.
Limiting Excessive Gambling & Alternative Dispute Resolution
Surebet247 is committed to Responsible Gambling. We promote gambling as an enjoyable leisure activity and we believe that gambling can only remain this way if you stay in control and gamble responsibly. However, we know that for some people gambling can stop being a harmless leisure activity and become a problem.
To assist you we offer a range of advice and account options to help you manage your gambling. These give you control of both the time and money you spend gambling.
Recognize a Problem
Whilst the vast majority of our customers enjoy gambling in a safe and responsible manner, for a small number of people gambling can have a harmful impact.
Answering the self-assessment below will help you consider whether you have a problem:
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies because of your gambling?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, the more likely you are to have a gambling problem. If you have answered ‘yes’ we recommend that you speak to someone about your answers, Contact our customer service team or a problem gambling support service.
We also recommend that you consider Self-Exclusion.
Stay in Control
We believe that gambling should always be an enjoyable leisure activity. Remembering these simple tips can help make sure your gambling doesn’t become a problem.
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money.
- Bet sensibly and never chase your losses.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose. Manage the amount of money you spend.
- Monitor the amount of time you spend playing. Set up reality checks to remind you how long you have been logged into your account.
- Balance gambling with other activities. If gambling is your only form of entertainment think about whether you are still having fun.
- Take regular breaks from gambling. Gambling continuously can cause you to lose track of time and perspective.
- Don’t gamble when under the influence of alcohol or when you’re upset or depressed.
- Think about how much money you spend gambling. You can track your activity in your Online Account History.
- If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then Contact our customer service team or a problem gambling support service.
Online Account History
To enable you to keep track of your activity, you can access a history of your transactions, deposits and withdrawals in our Members area and your balance is always visible in the top right corner of the page when logged in to Surebet247.
You can access your online account history by going to Services then selecting History when logged into your account.
Friends and Family
We understand that problem gambling not only affects the gambler, but also their friends and family members. Often people who develop a problem do not realize it.
If you are concerned that a friend or family member has developed a gambling problem, here are some of the possible warning signs:
– Uncontrolled spending
– Spending significant amounts of time gambling
– Concealing or lying about gambling behaviour
– Borrowing money or stealing in order to gamble
– Gambling impacting on relationships or causing arguments
– Withdrawal from activities with family and friends
– Loss of interest in hobbies or leisure pursuits
– Neglecting work or studies
We recommend that you encourage the individual to contact Surebet247 to discuss their gambling behaviour and to seek help.
You can of course contact our customer service team to discuss the matter. There are also support services that are available to help people affected by problem gambling.
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ADR)
If, at the conclusion of the Customer Complaint process (outlined in section 13), you do not consider that Surebet247 has settled the dispute, you may refer the dispute to the Nigerian Lotteries Regulatory Commission either by sending a copy of Surebet247’s final decision to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the online gaming support service.
The contact details for the Kenyan Betting Control and Licensing Board:
Address: Nigerian Lotteries Regulatory Commission
Address: Plot 640 Cadastral Zone B4, Shehu Musa Yar’ Adua Way, Jabi District, FCT, Abuja
Telephone Number: 08102594986, 09-2915450
The nominated ADR entity will act as an impartial adjudicator on disputes that arise between Surebet247 and a Customer only when:
the Customer has been through Surebet247’s own internal Customer Complaint process (set out in section 13); and
- a deadlock regarding the resolution exists.
ADR is a free of charge service and the ruling reached by the nominated ADR entity will be considered final by both Surebet247 and the Customer, subject to full representation being given to all parties involved.
It is against the law for those under the age of 18 to gamble and Surebet247 takes its responsibility to prevent underage gambling very seriously. We carry out age verification checks on all customers and ask for documentary proof of age where checks are inconclusive.
The accounts of anyone under the age of 18 found to be gambling with Surebet247 will be closed and any winnings will be forfeited.
If you suspect that someone under the age of 18 is gambling with Surebet247 please contact us to report this.